[asterisk-users] OT: SIP hardphone with multi-color BLF

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Tue May 19 07:00:03 CDT 2009

On Tue, 19 May 2009, jonas.kellens at telenet.be wrote:

> To feed your curiosity... I'm about to implement it.

> I have several GXP2020 and GXP1200 Grandstream telephones. I'm reading
> documentation to know how to start and what to expect.
>
> I'm hoping that implementing BLF on these Grandstreams in combination
> with Asterisk is easier then configuring sla.conf in Asterisk :-).

BLF on Grandstreams is easy - it works well in the later firmware (yes,
there were issues in early firmware) and I have many sites using it to
good effect. Just follow the docs on the Grandstream website.

However this multi-colour thing is intersting - Grandstreams do have
red+green LEDs - right now my desk phone has a row of green LEDs,
indicating "phone is online, but no calls". When I call a phone, that
particular one flashes red, or is constant red when the phone is in-use,
*or* offline.

But it does that all on it's own - I've done nothing special in the
dialplan, just added the relevant hints and set the buttons to BLF in the
phone GUI. This is asterisk 1.2 too...

Gordon