[asterisk-users] callcenter / dialer / predictive dialer / vicidial program is now open

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon May 18 18:17:00 CDT 2009

Matt Florell wrote:
> OK, enough with the ViciDial bashing.
>
> Have you taken a look at the most recent release?
>
> Have you seen all of the new features including the new APIs?
>
> Why exactly is it "so bad"?
>
> Does it not do what it is supposed to do?
>
> Is there something better out there that does the same thing and is open source?

Yes, I've taken a look.

I'm glad it's been evolving feature-wise, and certainly, I can agree
that from a deterministic standpoint, it appears to take certain input
and provide desired output in most cases ("do what it's supposed to do").

Unfortunately, the code and the architecture still makes one want to
paraphrase Khruschev's comment on abstract art--the one about being
lodged in a toilet bowl, looking up into the world through the seat...

Seriously, much of what I've said here appears to remain true:

http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-users@lists.digium.com/msg207800.html

And, you can't cover up terrifically bad implementation with cool new
features, cool as they might be.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems