[asterisk-users] Some direction for creating sound files for Asterisk

Jonathan Moore supermegatron at gmail.com
Mon May 18 12:48:28 CDT 2009

First, my real problem is I don't totally understand what I'm doing...
which is why I'm making this post.

What I'm trying to do is record various prompts for use with my
asterisk system.  I started out by just using some of the various
record functions, and things worked out well.  However, now I'm
wanting to take a recording of someone speaking, and put some music in
the background.  I have audacity, and I've imported the speaking,
imported the music, and things seem good.  Here is where I need help.

Instead of just a "this is what you need to do", I'd love so pointers
on where to find info on creating audio for this type of project.  So
far, google has left me without much.  Any help would be appreciated.

Short version: I need to know where to look for some help on recoding
audio for use as asterisk prompts using audacity (or any other program
I suppose)...

TIA

-jonathan