[asterisk-users] Problem with Free Fax For Asterisk

Trevor Hammonds trevor at concipient.net
Mon May 18 05:57:03 CDT 2009

I have installed Free Fax For Asterisk 1.6.1_1.0.8 on Asterisk
SVN-branch-1.6.1-r194876M and am getting a peculiar error message.

Current scenario, while testing, is to receive an inbound fax call via
a regular DID and then transfer the call to the internal fax
extension.  When I do so, I receive the following error message on the
console, several times:

WARNING[2895]: chan_sip.c:5369 sip_write: Asked to transmit frame type
64, while native formats is 0x4 (ulaw)(4) read/write = 0x40
(slin)(64)/0x4 (ulaw)(4)

The incoming caller does not hear the fax tones.

When I call the fax extension directly, internally, there appears to
be no trouble (I hear the fax preamble tones).

Any ideas?

Also, the documentation is a little unclear on one issue.  I would
like to know if this version of FFA (1.6.1_1.0.8) will work with
Asterisk 1.6.2.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Trevor Hammonds