[asterisk-users] howto set up persistent dynamic meetme

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 12:08:15 CDT 2009

Dan Austin wrote:
> Sean wrote:
>> Tilghman Lesher wrote:
>
> <Trimmed>

>>> In Asterisk 1.6, user DEA contributed realtime capabilities to MeetMe, which
>>> allows the capability of scheduling conferences, with new pins each time.  I
>>> believe this would meet the needs your question has posed.
>>>

>> I using 1.6.1. 'core show application meetme' doesn't have anything on
>> realtime. I found
>> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+RealTime+MeetMe but that's
>> just a stub.
>
>> Any references available.
>
> I should point out that I (DEA) did not contribute the basic RealTime
> support in app_meetme.  I added the scheduling and resource limit features,
> and the option to store the conference flags in the database table.
>
> You will want to understand the basics of Asterisk's RealTime features to
> get started. Basic support for RealTime conferences can be had by using
> the database table defined in contrib/scripts/meetme.sql
>
> The scheduling features require a more complex database table that I was
> sure that I included in the contribution, but I do not see it in SVN.
> The correct db table is available in the Web-MeetMe package, which is
> a front-end to manage the database and active conferences.  It is hosted
> at https://sf.net/projects/web-meetme
>
> I am behind schedule to release a package for 1.6.1, and I need to submit
> the database table to Mantis so it can be added to future release packages.
>
> Dan

Dan,
  Thanks. I'll follow Web-MeetMe. It's pretty neat to be able to set up
a conference from wherever. Right now, though, I'd settle for setting it
up from an office extension, I've written this hacky snippet to set them up:

[setup-conf-room]
exten => _6000XXXNXXX,1,Set(meetme=/etc/asterisk/meetme.conf)
exten => _6000XXXNXXX,n,Set(Time-in-secs=${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%s} )
exten => _6000XXXNXXX,n,System('echo "conf => ${EXTEN:4:4},${EXTEN:7} ;
_${Time-in-secs}">> ${meetme}')
exten => _6000XXXNXXX,n,Playback(our-conf-confno)
exten => _6000XXXNXXX,n,SayDigits(${EXTEN:4:4} ) ; 6000 XXX yyyy
exten => _6000XXXNXXX,n,Playback(our-conf-pin-for-conf)
exten => _6000XXXNXXX,n,SayDigits(${EXTEN:7} ) ; 6000 xxx YYYY
exten => _6000XXXNXXX,n,Playback(our-conf-confup-24-hours)
exten => _6000XXXNXXX,n,Hangup()

exten => _6000.,1,Playback(our-conf-invalid-plus-3-plus-4)
exten => _6000.,2,Hangup()

where a user dials 6000{3digit-conf-rm}{4digit-pin)

then I'll use a cron.hourly job to delete the conf after 24 hours.

I'd like to find some way to check for conflicting existing conference
numbers.

sean

sean