[asterisk-users] Agent-Login/out in 1.6

Stefan Reuter stefan.reuter at reucon.com
Sat May 16 09:06:04 CDT 2009

David Anthony O Reilly wrote:
> hehe What were the developers thinking by removing the old system! It
> worked perfect!! and by the looks of it nobody has ever recovered from
> the command removal unless they hack around with the voicemail system.

I think the best solution is to either use an AGI script if agents
should be able to login/logout through the phone, this allows you to
store the agents in a database or any other external system.
On the other hand many call centers use special applications for their
agents and allow them to manage their availability through a GUI. Such
applications can make use of the Manager API. They probably more
convenient as they also allow to display additional information about
the calls they handle and the queues they are subscribed to.

=Stefan