[asterisk-users] Problem with Asterisk + TDM410 FXO

Alex Samad alex at samad.com.au
Thu May 14 23:43:11 CDT 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 07:46:26AM +0200, Marco Sambo wrote:
> FXO channels shuld have FXS signalling, and FXS channels shuld have FXO
> signalling, so:
>
> # FXO channels are 1,2,3
> fxsks=1,2,3
> # FXS channel is 4
> fxoks=4

yep turned it around and tested it out, worked, had to fxs tune to get
the fxs channel working.

> > sorry why do you think that, I have 3 fxs + 1 fxo (my understanding is
> > > that a attached fxs presents internally as a fxo
> > >
> > > I have a pstn line attached to the FXO and I have my pabx attached to
> > > 2 FXS ports, which signal as fxo into asterisk (I could be wrong about
> > > that).

The misnaming of fields of study is so common as to lead to what might be
general systems laws.  For example, Frank Harary once suggested the law that
any field that had the word "science" in its name was guaranteed thereby
not to be a science.  He would cite as examples Military Science, Library
Science, Political Science, Homemaking Science, Social Science, and Computer
Science.  Discuss the generality of this law, and possible reasons for its
predictive power.
		-- Gerald Weinberg, "An Introduction to General Systems
		   Thinking"