[asterisk-users] #-all.gsm

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Wed May 13 15:19:22 CDT 2009

On Thu, 14 May 2009, David @ULC wrote:

> Recently I noted few recording link with # sign on it.

Asterisk creates links?

> like 2222223345#-all.gsm
>
> and all those voice files are NOT available for download.

Asterisk downloads files?

> I tried changing the file name in the mysql db and removed # but still its
> not available.

Asterisk is part of MySQL?

I thought this was an Asterisk mailing list. Oh wait -- it is :)

> What could be the reason for # and why its NOT available for download ?

Maybe the "magic number" above is something a caller entered and
terminated input with # and your dialplan didn't remove it. Maybe your web
server is broken and doesn't like #. Maybe some script that munges your
files considers # to be the start of a comment.

Thanks in advance,