[asterisk-users] Sangoma FXS dialmap

cb cb at mythtech.net
Wed May 13 09:34:53 CDT 2009

I have a Sangoma A400 card with two FXS ports. They work fine,
however as I have analog phones connected, I have no way of telling
the phone I am done dialing. Pressing # works fine, but then Asterisk
passes that # over to the POTS line, and about every 5th call, for
some reason that is causing the call on the POTS line to fail. The
suspect the trailing # is also going to get in the way of
transferring to another extension (or any other dial codes that might
need to be used from these analog phones).

Is their either a way to strip the # off the end of the dialing so it
isn't passed thru, or is there a place I can specify a dialmap for
the FXS ports so when my dial pattern is matched it just dials right
away (or set a dial timeout as right now there doesn't appear to be
one, it just waits forever for you to finish dialing).

Or is none of this possible with FXS ports on Sangoma cards and I
should look at getting an external ATA where I can set these things.

-chris
<www.mythtech.net>