[asterisk-users] Switchvox

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed May 13 08:38:11 CDT 2009

You appear to be quite correct on your Google analysis.  From my light
reading of Digium's description of Switchvox, it is pretty much "Asterisk
for Dummies"; the sole interface and maintenance of the system is a web
interface.  The concept apparently is that Digium provides a running system
"Out-of-the-box" and you aren't allowed to do anything to it except basic
user, queue and extension maintenance.

You could put in a second box just to handle the Polycom stuff if needed or
even do a VM since it would be a SIP-only install;  but then you probably
know more about that than I do.