[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.6 T.38 generation towards a Ciscovoice router

Jon Schøpzinsky jos at firstcom.dk
Wed May 13 08:21:03 CDT 2009

I used wireshark to debug the problem, and I can see that the cisco equipment is correctly sending t.38 packets to asterisk, and the whole re-invite process is successful.
The problem is, that Asterisk discards the t.38 packets with the error message I sent, and therefore the T.38 session never gets underway. Asterisk is stuck on the same SEQ id, as it never receives anything from the cisco.
Ive also checked that this isn't a network issue. The packets are coming through, asterisk just throws them away with the error message I described.

Med venlig hilsen/Kind Regards

Jon Leren Schøpzinsky
Systems Architect

Firstcom A/S