[asterisk-users] Proxying from one server to another

Adrian Marsh Adrian.Marsh at ubiquisys.com
Wed May 13 07:54:39 CDT 2009

Hi All,

I'm trying to find a software package to do the following sip proxy
work:

I've an A*k server A that needs to be decommissioned, from the USA, and
replaced by server B, in the UK. Both servers are on public internet
IPs.

Whilst the client migration happens, I want to divert all the Register
traffic from Server A to Server B to catch any clients still left out
there.

Unfortunately, the original Clients were configured with static IPs
instead of DNS names for the SIP Registrar, so I have to proxy Server A
until all the clients have been updated (which might be a long time).

Obviously A*k itself wont do this (as far as I know).  I've looked at
siproxyd and party-sip, but with no success so far.

I've also tried using IPtables to redirect at the IP level, but the
public IP ranges seem to stop me from achieving this. It works in my
local-lan testing, but not on the public servers.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Adrian