[asterisk-users] Playback to channel using AMI

Jon Morgan jmorgan at c-a-solutions.co.uk
Wed May 13 05:46:04 CDT 2009

Hi All,

I was wondering if there's any way in Asterisk 1.4.21.2 to playback a wav
file to a channel using the AMI?

I've had a play and, as there wasn't a Playback command implemented directly
in the AMI, I thought about maybe calling an AGI script from the AMI to do
this but it seems there's no support for executing AGI through the AMI
either?

All I found so far was this:

http://www.moythreads.com/wordpress/2007/12/24/asterisk-asynchronous-agi/

After trying to use "Action: AGI" through the AMI I discovered the
functionality hasn't been included in the release (Invalid Command in the
response) and wondered why?

Is there any other way to playback a wav to a channel using AMI?

Regards,

Jon Morgan.