[asterisk-users] Is anyone keeping up with the versions?

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Tue May 12 13:49:48 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 2:31 PM, Thermal Wetland
<thermalwetland at gmail.com> wrote:
> We are still using 1.4 and were going to start testing with 1.6.0, but then
> 1.6.1 was released and now 1.6.2 is already in beta 2.
>
> That seems like a lot of independent releases to maintain.  I read about all
> the regressions ans hurried dot releases, makes us nervous.
>
> How is everyone doing their testing?

In my particular organization, I have a mix.
* some systems that are about to get replaced are on 1.2
* other systems that have very high usage and we're rolled out about a
year ago are on 1.4
* the newest applications that are live are on 1.6.0 series
* the applications that are in pilot and will be replacing the 1.2 are on 1.6.1

When systems or applications have been getting scaled or upgraded or
released, I've built and tested against whatever was current, or if I
needed a future-release feature I grabbed that feature.

All the code is there. You can use whatever you want as long as you
are keeping up with the security alerts and you know you are mitigated
or safe.