[asterisk-users] Asterisk w/ Nokia "e" Series Handsets

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Tue May 12 04:42:45 CDT 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 11:24, Cory Andrews <cory at voipsupply.com> wrote:
> Anyone using Nokia “E” Series handsets with Asterisk?  I’m trying to deploy
> some e71’s and am having an issue.  I can get a single handset working, but
> when I try to create a SIP profile on the second phone, it won’t allow me to
> save the profile, saying that devices in the same “realm” must have
> identical username and password.
>

> Anyone have a workaround for this to add a second Nokia phone under the
> Asterisk “realm” with a different userid and PW?

If you do mean a 2nd phone, it should not have anything to do with the
1st phone. Make sure your settings in the proxy server menu and
registrar server menu are the same.

Another thing, it is practically required to use the Nokia SIP VoIP
settings program (download from europe.nokia.com, it is not listed at
nokiausa.com). Unless you use that program to set count of voip digits
(I set to 11) and ignoring domain section to digits only the call logs
are a mess -- by default if you dial a VoIP call in the call log it
shows it with @server at the end. If you then go out of WLAN coverage
you can not redial that call.

Overall, given the limitations of WiFi, it works rather well. I've
never had to reboot my E71 or play with the settings after it was
setup. Something I can't say about other WiFi (only) phones I have
used. And VoIP on Windows mobile phones is crap.

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 11:27, Steve J. Douglas <stevend at moij.biz> wrote:
>  In my case, I was trying to
> add more than one SIP profiles for the same user account, but with
> different access point.

In that case, just setup the 1st profile and then select "WLAN found"
(or "WLAN scanning off, twice) from the home screen, select search for
WLAN and once you are connected you will see the option "Connect to
PROFILE" in that same menu and it will automatically create it for
you.