[asterisk-users] Asterisk Manager API Action Originate

Nicholas Blasgen nicholas at refractivedialer.com
Mon May 11 22:44:25 CDT 2009

Has anyone else had issues with Originate returning the wrong error code?
According to the docs, the following errors are supposed to be returned:

0 = no such extension or number
1 = no answer
4 = answered
8 = congested or not available

Now in Asterisk 1.4.23 I get some error code 5's but since they're so few I
tend not to worry.  But what is concerning is the number of Error 0's I
get.  Error 0 is "No Such Extension" (ie, Failure I assume) but my
Provider's CDR log shows "No Answer."  (I would show you my CDR but it seems
Originate doesn't log in the CDR like every other call for some reason).

Any ideas to correct this issue?  Or is there a better updated version of
that list that would fix my understanding of what the error codes were?

Nicholas Blasgen