[asterisk-users] Building a System.

John F. Ervin jervin at jervin.com
Sun May 10 22:21:57 CDT 2009

So, people have recommended building a system from scratch, start with a
CentOS base and installing asterisk and all of the other utilities.
I've only used Trixbox for my business system.  I'm wondering what
surprises I'd run into.  Right now, I know I'd need the OS, Asterisk,
something like FreePBX, I have a x100p card so I'd need Zaptel, does
that come with asterisk?  Fax support, seems to work with Trixbox, but
I've heard that it needs to be loaded.  Voicemail etc.?  I mean, I don't
know exactly what you'd need because almost everything I need comes with
the Trixbox build.

Are there (??) instructions for people who are experienced at the
Trixbox level but wish to move on?
--

John F. Ervin
*Central Florida TeleSource, LLC.**