[asterisk-users] Incompatible changes to asterisk 1.6 MYSQL addon query syntax

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun May 10 00:33:54 CDT 2009

On Saturday 09 May 2009 03:42:04 John Fawcett wrote:
> I'm on asterisk 1.6.1.0 and asterisk addons 1.6.1.0 (also using freepbx
> 2.5 with cidlookup module from mysql database).
>
> There are some incompatible changes in asterisk 1.6 about MYSQL addon
> application syntax for querying a mysql database.
> It seems that escaping of space and single quotes is no longer needed -
> see 3rd line of attached example from
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+cmd+MYSQL

Remember the first time you had to do this and thought it was incredibly
stupid how you had to escape commas and spaces?  Well, nobody will think
that anymore.

What changed was in the process of making the comma the real separator,
we made the insane amount of escaping go away completely.  Yes, it's a
one-time PITA that you have to change this, but it's wonderful for all of the
people who come to Asterisk starting with 1.6 and never have to have seen
the ugly amount of escaping.

--
Tilghman