[asterisk-users] AGI - Ways to create a call

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Fri May 8 12:03:46 CDT 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Jimmy Godbout <sip at inbox.com> wrote:
>> Well, my question is: do you guys have any tip in different ways to
>> create a call in Asterisk using AGI + PHP?

You may prefer AMI and the originate command as opposed to making call
files. As with many things in Asterisk there's usually multiple ways
to do things. Also, if you like PHP you should try out the PHP AMI
API.
It's very nice, and provides a PHP-ified wrapper for AMI calls.
http://www.straw-dogs.co.uk/03/15/asterisk-manager-api-php/

You can then make PHP scripts with AMI and originate, feeding an
argument in directly from the web gui. (that's what I do).