[asterisk-users] Can't GOSUB_RESULT with Dial U() option ...

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Fri May 8 07:26:00 CDT 2009

Hello,

I'm not understanding how to use GOSUB_RESULT in U() option from Dial app
(I'm using 1.6.1)
My extensions.ael is :

context mylocal {
        2 => {
                Dial(SIP/7530,,U(mynotify));
                HangUp();
        };
        3 => {
                Dial(SIP/7531);
                HangUp();
        };
};

macro mynotify () {
        GOSUB_RESULT=ABORT;
};

I thought that depending on value written into GOSUB_RESULT, call would
either abort or continue as usual.
In my experience, call is going on as if I haven't set anything in
mynotify() routine.
(Ultimately, I would also like to use GOTO result code).

Am I missing something ?

Cheers

PS: As a reminder, here is an extract of Dial online doc :

Online doc says :
    U(x[^arg]) - Execute via Gosub the routine 'x' for the *called* channel
before connecting
           to the calling channel. Arguments can be specified to the Gosub
           using '^' as a delimiter. The Gosub routine can set the variable
           GOSUB_RESULT to specify the following actions after the Gosub
returns.
           * ABORT        Hangup both legs of the call.
           * CONGESTION   Behave as if line congestion was encountered.
           * BUSY         Behave as if a busy signal was encountered.
           * CONTINUE     Hangup the called party and allow the calling
party
                          to continue dialplan execution at the next
priority.
                          specified priority. Optionally, an extension, or
                          extension and priority can be specified.
           You cannot use any additional action post answer options in
conjunction
           with this option. Also, pbx services are not run on the peer
(called) channel,
           so you will not be able to set timeouts via the TIMEOUT()
function in this routine.