[asterisk-users] G.722, 1.4 and IAX trunking ...

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Fri May 8 05:11:56 CDT 2009

Been playing with G.722 in Asterisk 1.4.24.1 - using the back-ported
patches from http://carlton.oriley.net/drupal/node/12

Works just fine as far as I can tell - Grandstream phones anyway - playing
the G722 sound files, and calls between them.

Transcoding seems fine too - calling non G722 devices, it seems to "just
work"

However Phone A (g722) calls phone B (gsm). Works fine.

Phone A puts B on hold. B hears hold music.

Same call setup, but phone B puts A on hold.

Now, A hears the hold music, but it every 0.5 seconds there is a "blip"
and it sounds like it's playing at double speed.

I hear the same when calling someone via an IAX trunk which is transcoding
to ulaw...

My test box is using dahdi-dummy for timing - the remote IAX box has a TDM
card in it.

Saw this at one point on the console too:

[May  8 10:56:29] WARNING[14662]: format_pcm.c:153 pcm_seek: offset too
large 1209280, truncating to 969666

So I'm wondering if the patch is not that clever when applied to 1.4, or
if there really is something amis?

Or should I just jump to 1.6!

Cheers,

Gordon