[asterisk-users] Voicemail Alert

Steve Howes steve at geekinter.net
Thu May 7 09:10:54 CDT 2009

On 7 May 2009, at 15:04, Cary Fitch wrote:
> Can any one suggest a little code to either ring a cell phone when a
> new VM
> message is recorded, or send a text message?
>
> Basically outside sales people want to know they have a new message,
> but
> don't want to be interrupted to take a forwarded call.
>
> While a message by message notice would be nice, even just a single
> notice
> on the first message would be an alert to call for messages.
>
> Basically, a call from their own number would be the clue that there
> is a
> voicemail waiting.

Make a cron job to check if /var/spool/asterisk/default/extensionhere/
msg000.txt exists and create a .call file. Its fairly trivial to do,
but I can't give the exact config because it was written at work...
Alternatively there are email->text services you could use from the
email voicemail alerting in asterisk..