[asterisk-users] Messaging System

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Thu May 7 00:22:46 CDT 2009

On Wed, 6 May 2009, Ricardo Melendez wrote:

> Hi to All, I need to implement an automatic telephone messaging system that
> works like this:
>
> -the system generates the call based on mysql records or any database
>
> -when the client answer the phone, the Asterisk PBX playback a recorded
> message
>
> -when finish, hang up the channel.

Is this "how do I do a call tree for my kid's soccer team" or "how do I
bug the hell out of 20,000,000 innocents?"

Seriously though, a bit more information will go a long way.

A script to read records from a database and originate calls using AMI or
call files is pretty easy stuff. (The Devil is always in the details.)

If there is money involved, your choice of the technology used to place
the calls will be important -- stay away from analog PSTN hardware.

What do you want to accomplish?

Thanks in advance,