[asterisk-users] shut down a single PRI on a running Asterisk system?

James Van Vleet james.vanvleet at verety.com
Wed May 6 12:04:08 CDT 2009

Excuse me if this is in the archives or on the net somewhere - I really
did search.  ;-)

We are wondering if there is any way to shut down a single PRI without
having to down Asterisk and/or interrupt other running PRI circuits.

We use Asterisk servers with 4 port Digium PRI cards.   In the last few
days we ran into a situation where the 3 of the 4 PRIs were operating
fine and had live calls on them while the 4th was going up and down.

The server is remote and so physically pulling the cable is not a quick
option.  I did find one posting asking this question over a year ago and
being told there was no way - I would like to confirm before we possibly
change over our design - having a router or other device terminate the
PRIs may be required if we cannot take a single circuit out service.

Currently running Asterisk 1.4.18.1 but we are also interested if this
is implemented in other versions.  Also interested if any has other
solutions to this problem.

Thanks everyone!

-James