[asterisk-users] ConfBridge versus MeetMe

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Wed May 6 11:04:21 CDT 2009

Formerly on a thread called [asterisk-dev] Where to find the code of
application Bridge

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 7:38 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:
>> Can someone please tell me in which file the code for the application to
>> be found? I was not able to find a file named app_bridge.c in the folder
>> apps.
>
> app_bridge.c ? app_confbridge.c ? What are you looking for, exactly?
>
> The apps folder:
>
>  http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk/apps/

So I have a question with regard to app_confbridge, which provides an
application called ConfBridge.

I did find a bug here that discusses bridging and confbridge, but not
really what I wanted to know:
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=14389

Is there a good bug discussing the story behind the differences of
ConfBridge and MeetMe, or where it came from, or if I'm right that
ConfBridge is a new approach to MeetMe?

What's the best way for me to be able to play with ConfBridge? Do I
need to pull down trunk and build that? I just took a look through
1.6.1.0 for app_confbridge.c and it's not there, so perhaps this will
be going into 1.6.2.*