[asterisk-users] Beginning to use Asterisk and tests with extensions

Wayne Wayne at planetWayne.com
Tue May 5 14:33:28 CDT 2009

Hi there Daniel,
I havnt caught the beginning of this thread - but as we speak I'm in the
process of installing an Ubuntu server into a VM and getting 1.4 up and
running in a hope to replace my home system.

I did kinda follow a link
http://support.red-fone.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=13
that goes through a few extra libraries that I tried to set up from the
outset that didnt - (I'm still learning linux as well). I had to adjust
the settings for '/apt-get install linux-headers-2.6.24-19-server'/ to
reflect the version of Ubuntu server ('cat /proc/version')

At this point I've been crawling through the O'Reilly link (I've
actually got the 1st edition in real print(!) but this ones geared to
v1.4. Asterisk at this point is running - even to the degree I can get
the web page GUI up (I've installed that too).

So far though - no phones or lines - still getting there - but Asterisk
'seems' to be running - albeit VERY idle at this point!

Cheers
Wayne.