[asterisk-users] OT: Polycom handset cord detangler

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Tue May 5 09:00:10 CDT 2009

Hello list,

I wondered if those of you using Polycom phones could recommend a decent
cord detangler. I've had quite a few handsets get the tabs broken off in
the jack from cord detanglers due to the recessed nature of the jack.
This seems like it would work but I wanted some opinions before I go buy
some:

http://www.voiplink.com/Extended_Handset_Cord_Detangler_p/detangler-e.htm

I personally hate detanglers. I get more complaints about static on
calls that result from these things than anything else, but I need to
provide some solution.

Thanks

-Dave

P.S. For anyone looking for a way to "repair" damaged handsets with
broken tabs, I've found that inserting the plug into the jack and then
applying a blob of hot-glue in the notch will keep the cord secure in
the handset.