[asterisk-users] Preferred language for Asterisk AGIs development ?

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Tue May 5 06:40:47 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Kashif Naeem <kashif at haditelecom.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are going to start development for a product based over Asterisk.
> According to you, which is the preferred language for AGIs / IVRs
> development in Asterisk. I got opinions that Perl is going to be replaced by
> PHP for all future developments.

Just use the language You write the rest of system. If it's web
application, and You use PHP, You can use existing codebase of Your
project :)

Just be careful with this: asterisk and web server are usually run in
separate processes, so having common cache is troublesome unless You
check internally for effective uid and call sudo internally.

Regards,
Atis

--
Atis Lezdins,