[asterisk-users] Preferred language for Asterisk AGIs development ?

Abdul Basit basit.engg at gmail.com
Tue May 5 03:05:59 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Kenneth Shaw <ken at expitrans.com> wrote:

> Drop Asterisk, move to Freeswitch. Much easier to interact with external
> code bases, and it has more than one language interpreter built in
> (javascript, lua, etc.).

agreed but FS is newer and under test environment.

> If you're intent on staying on Asterisk, I would suggest skipping AGI,
> and write a client that monitors the state of asterisk via the manager
> interface. AGIs are messy in my opinion. There isn't really any "best"
> language for AGIs, as AGIs just communicate with Asterisk via a pipe. So
> really, the best language for AGIs are the language you like the best
> and/or best fits the application domain/requirements for your project.

AMI is good way for developing interactive applications.

I wrote the php code for asterisk that was two page long and wasim baig sb
wrote the same stuff in 1/2 page line of code using python with
implementation of python libraries.

yeeeeeee!!!!!

> On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 11:52 +0500, Kashif Naeem wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > We are going to start development for a product based over Asterisk.
> > According to you, which is the preferred language for AGIs / IVRs
> > development in Asterisk. I got opinions that Perl is going to
> > be replaced by PHP for all future developments.
> >

> > --
> > Kashif Naeem
> > Business Development Manager
> > Hadi Telecom
> > www.haditelecom.com
> >
> > Cell: +92 (0)345 4226006
> > Office: +92 (0)42 5692766
> >
> > Email: kashif at haditelecom.com
> > MSN: kashif__naeem at hotmail.com
> > Gmail: meet.kashif at gmail.com
> > Skype: kashif.naeem
> >
> > 302 Y Commercial Area, 2nd Floor DHA Lahore, Pakistan.
> --
> Kenneth Shaw
> ExpiTrans, Inc.
> 129 W. Wilson St., Suite 204
> Costa Mesa, CA 92627
> tel: 949.650.4600
> fax: 949.642.6044
> ken at expitrans.com

Regards,

Abdul Basit | Manager Support | +92-321-416-4196 | +92-42-588-7833 |
www.convergence.pk