[asterisk-users] wireless ATA

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon May 4 14:22:17 CDT 2009

On Mon, 4 May 2009, Jeff LaCoursiere wrote:

> I have a need for an ATA that will register over wifi.  *NOT* a DECT
> phone or other cordless type phone plugged into a wired ATA.

[snip]

> I would like to run DD-WRT on this beast to handle the wifi-client mode,
> and I noticed (though have not tried) that DD-WRT has a build that
> includes asterisk, which would of course drive the FXS port.

This looks interesting:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-tp/105418077/Wireless_11b_g_VoIP_SIP_FXO.html

Or, how about something like the venerable Linksys WRT-54G talking to an
Ebay ex-Vonage Linksys PAP2?

You get a 4 port router and the option of wired access to boot.

Should price out under US$100.

Thanks in advance,