[asterisk-users] AOC (advice of charge) current status.

Roeften roeften at gmail.com
Mon May 4 12:27:57 CDT 2009

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am trying to find out whether AOC (any of the 3 types) is currently supported by Asterisk and for which hardware combination.
>
> Does anyone know if  AOC info can be used in the CDR when the interface to the outside world is ISDN BRI (not pri) and the internal counterpart is an analog extension (dahdi, i guess)? What about sip or iax?
>
> I have found some patches [bug_ids=7494, 7495] to libpri and asterisk that claim to do this, however I am not sure if this applies to bri (even though libpri now supports bri).

I have the latest asterisk 1.6 and libpri installed. I am using
Digium's B410P (with the DAHDI driver).

AOC-E (units) are properly decoded. With minimal changes in chan_dahdi
you can set the units in CDR. This works only if the call leg which
receives the AOC messages hangs up first no matter where the other
call leg is coming from (sip, analog). If the other leg hangs up first
then the CDR is written before the AOC-E is received.

I do not receive AOC-D or S so I can't say if the patch works, but it
should work with some modifications. Anyway some of the logic in the
libpri patch seems to be already in the current release.