[asterisk-users] What do I need to connect landline calls without telephony hardware?

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Fri May 1 09:07:19 CDT 2009

don rhummy wrote:

>>> If I already have VOIP, can I use them or is it a
>>>
>> special kind of service I'd need?
>>
>> explain "already have voip" ?
>>

> I have a VOIP box/modem and VOIP service at home. My phone is hooked into that. Can I use that service with my asterisk or do I need to purchase something else from the VOIP provider?

Probably not, but since you have not specified:
Your country
Your ISP provider
Your VOIP provider
What "VOIP box/modem" you have
What "landline" you are trying to connect to, how and why if you already
have VOIP service.
What you are really trying to achieve overall
This probably isn't a good place to start asking questions without MANY
more specifics
If you can answer ALL of the above questions with specific details, then
PERHAPS, no guarantee, someone would be willing to help you.
No list or forum will be able to help you without this basic information

John Novack

Dog is my co-pilot