[asterisk-users] LoadAvg , Codec and Bandwidth Utilisation

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Fri May 1 07:23:42 CDT 2009

On Fri, 1 May 2009, David @ULC wrote:

> I have 2 MB of Lease line.
>
> This is What I see :

Indeed - however the output of iftop isn't really good for email.

However, what I can tell from it is that all your calls are internal.
192.168.0.100 is your asterisk box, the other IP addresses are phones, I
presume.

So if all your calls are internal, there should be no transcoding going on
- or are you recording all calls, or have a lot of voicemail going on -
both of which may be transcoding...

And just one other thing - which I should really have asked first of all:
Is the box actually working OK? Can you make calls on it without any
issues? What I'm saying is: If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Gordon