[asterisk-users] Convert PC Audio wav file to g722

Sai P. Varanasi saiprabhakarv at yahoo.com
Fri May 1 01:39:10 CDT 2009

Hi,
  I am recording 16 bit 48kbps PC audio file in wav format and trying to convert it to g722 using sox to play in asterisk. But, unfortunately sox does not support g722. So, I am first converting it to clockrate 8000 wav file and then use rasterisk to convert to g722. But, I hear disturbance in the file while asterisk is playing.

This is what i used

sox menu..wav -r 8000 -c 1 menu.wav resample -ql

rasterisk -x "file convert menu.wav menu.g722"

Please let me know where i am doing wrong or if there is a better way to do this.

Thanks,
Sai

      Now surf faster and smarter ! Check out the new Firefox 3 - Yahoo! Edition http://downloads.yahoo.com/in/firefox/?fr=om_email_firefox