[asterisk-users] PAP2T-na Bricked?

Wilton Helm whelm at compuserve.com
Tue Mar 31 07:42:51 CDT 2009

If there is such a thing as a complete Reset, the mfg. is mum on it.  The NA is supposed to be the generic open version.  However if a provider chose to lock it up, they can make it extremely hard to get into.  Vonage routinely does this to their PAP2s, (not NA).  You can Google the topic and get some insights.  Nothing is crack proof, but if someone has done something similar to what Vonage does, you have to get a bunch of information about the unit and create an isolated LAN that looks like the providers host and convince the device to get updated information from it.  I've read most of the material, but decided it wasn't worth my bother to jump through the hoops on mine.

Wilton