[asterisk-users] Call-limit=1 breaks attended transfer

Mark Michelson mmichelson at digium.com
Mon Mar 30 16:50:38 CDT 2009

carl Lougher wrote:
> Howdy,
> Was there ever a fix for this?
>
> I have Trix 2.6 running asterisk 1.4 and have to set an extension with call-limit=1. However that user can no longer do attended transfers from Linkys 962 ip phone.
>
> Is there anyway around this?
>
> Cheers,
> Taff..

Yes, set call-limit to something else :P

Seriously though, there's no "fix" for that since it is behaving exactly as it
should. When attempting to transfer the call, Asterisk has no way of knowing
that the new SIP INVITE it receives (in order to call the transfer target) is an
attempt to transfer the call. It appears that the same SIP peer is attempting to
make a second call. Since the call-limit is set to 1, Asterisk rejects the
second call attempt.

I haven't tried this yet, but it may actually be possible to use DTMF transfers
when the call limit is that low since Asterisk is the one that actually
initiates the new call to the transfer target instead of the transferer's phone.
To use DTMF transfers, you need to set a DTMF sequence in features.conf and use
the 't' or 'T' flag (depending on which party should have the ability to
transfer the call) in your calls to Dial() or Queue().

Why do you have the call-limit set to 1, anyway?

Mark Michelson