[asterisk-users] Solved : Re: h exten no getting run ...

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Mar 30 13:03:04 CDT 2009

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009, Julian Lyndon-Smith wrote:

> Thanks for all the help and pointers - Steve, I'm getting to like
> templates ;)

Congratulations on finding your solution.

I "discovered" templates after a couple of years of coding dialplans and
fell in love.

In case they're of any use, here are my "standard" templates:

; templates
[h](!)
         exten = h,1,                    goto(settle-card,s,1)
[i](!)
         exten = i,1,                    goto(${CONTEXT},s,1)
[s](!)
         exten = s,1,                    verbose(1,[${CONTEXT}:${EXTEN}:${PRIORITY}])
[x](!)
         exten = _x.,1,                  verbose(1,[${CONTEXT}:${EXTEN}:${PRIORITY}])
[max-timeout](!)
         exten = T,1,                    goto(max-time,s,1)
[digit-timeout](!)
         exten = t,1,                    goto(${CONTEXT},s,1)

And a sample usage:

; 1on1
[1on1](digit-timeout,h,i,max-timeout,s)

Veering off-topic, another "feature" I recently discovered is
"appending to a context" which works really well in sip.conf or iax.conf.
For example, you can place the registration statement next to the context
for a provider like:

; calls from example1
[general](+)
         register                        = user:pass at example1.com
[example1]
         context                         = block-ani
         deny                            = 0.0.0.0/0
         host                            = example1.com
         permit                          = a.b.c.d/32
         secret                          = example1
         type                            = user
         username                        = example1

; calls from example2
[general](+)
         register                        = user:pass at example2.com
[example2]
         context                         = block-ani
         deny                            = 0.0.0.0/0
         host                            = example2.com
         permit                          = a.b.c.d/32
         secret                          = example2
         type                            = user
         username                        = example2

I prefer to organize iax|sip.conf this way.

Thanks in advance,