[asterisk-users] oh323 to h323

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Mar 28 17:03:36 CDT 2009

Hi

Debian has a package for chan_oh323 (the original, external h323). It is
not maintaind for quite some time AFAIK and also AFAIK offers no real
atvantages over chan_h323. So I'd like to remove it.

Before I do that, I have some questions, as I'm not familiar with H.323
channels:

1. Are there any useful features oh323 supports that h323 doesn't? That
the version of h323 in 1.4.21 doesn't? That the version in 1.6.1
doesn't?

2. How do I convert the configuration file of chan_oh323 to chan_h323?
Just copy over oh323.conf to h323.conf? Any incompatibilities? Any
gotchas?

3. Or is it still actually maintained anywhere?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com