[asterisk-users] Asterisk multi-cpu

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Fri Mar 27 07:33:04 CDT 2009

Thanks.  I am "forced" to change servers anyways, so I'm starting from scratch, which gives me the benefit of allowing me to plan things exactly as I want them.

I was hoping to avoid the TC400B until the server itself was almost under strain, at which point I`d put one (or two) of those in to relieve it.  But what I really wanted to know if whether I'd go with a single quad-core or two.  Two isn't that much more expensive (not if it makes Asterisk process twice as much stuff) but if it doesn't add anything, I'd rather avoid this extra ~800$ per server.

As for my specific needs: I am adding users/transcoded channels to this server regularly, so I do see it being not powerful enough eventually.  That's why I am planning without giving any hard values: the most powerful (for the buck) the better it is.

Mike