[asterisk-users] Early Media

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Fri Mar 27 01:37:46 CDT 2009

I can't say it's always been like this, as I don't recall, but, Background
in 1.0 behaved like this, answering the channel if it wasn't already
answered and playing the sound file/s until they finished or an exten was
dialed...

in 1.0 the 'skip' option would cause playback to be skipped if the channel
was not 'up', the 'noanswer' option would cause the channel to not be
answered
in 1.2 the options became 's' for skip and 'n' for noanswer though the
original 'skip' and 'noanswer' options are still valid even in 1.6

That said, in this example, you'd never leave background as it would sit
there playing the background_song file waiting for digits to be dialled...
using the dial option would be the way...