[asterisk-users] Need help on how to programmatically call an extension & test call state

David fire ddfire at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 00:22:38 CDT 2009

you can use the asterisk Manager or AMI.
there is a very good java project asterisk-java but there are librarys for
almost every languaje.
look for Asterisk Manager and AMI www.voip-info.org is a good place to start
David

2009/3/27 eric weaver <ecweaver at gmail.com>

> I would be grateful if someone could tell me where to find the docs to get
> started on the following problem:
>
> A program needs to be written to place a SIP call to a certain extension on
> another Asterisk system, and see whether the call state ratchets up to
> "ringing", then drop, and take action on the results.
>
> Can anyone refer me to the appropriate starting point to read up on this?
> Thanks.

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.