[asterisk-users] Asterisk multi-cpu

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Thu Mar 26 19:07:10 CDT 2009

Thanks that`s great info, and I've already subscribed to the HA mailing
list.

I understand call handling takes little CPU, but half my calls are
transcoded from ulaw to g729 and vice versa.  That seems to take my single
CPU, dual-core 2.5Ghz machine up to ~35% CPU utilization.  I imagine
doubling what happens on my server would take me dangerously close to the
upper limit of good call quality.

Am I complete off?

Mike