[asterisk-users] out of the box or do it your self?

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Thu Mar 26 17:07:36 CDT 2009

On 27/03/2009 9:35 a.m., David fire wrote:
> hi
> i want to ask for your opinion what is better for a call center 100 current
> calls and other 200 current calls
> make the server step by step or use a auto install cd like asterisk now,
> druid elastix ....?
> and why?

If you are doing an install for a call centre with 100-200 concurrent
calls, you should have either done a lot of smaller installs or be
working with someone who has.

You're going to need to understand the Asterisk source code, patching
and/or have a support contract with someone.

If you have a call centre and 100 people are sitting at their desk doing
nothing, you're going to get in a lot of trouble very quickly.

While I'm not in the consulting business, you'll find many people on the
Asterisk-Biz mailing list who are.

--
Kind Regards,

Matt Riddell