[asterisk-users] Asterisk multi-cpu

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Thu Mar 26 14:06:37 CDT 2009

Hi,

I know somebody is going to give me the link to the wiki hardware pages, but
I can't find the answer there. I'd like to know if, for an Asterisk only
system (nothing else of note running on it), I get a real gain from having 2
CPUs.

Does the amount of traffic/SIP registrations/codec translation possible
doubles with 2 CPUs? (each quad core E5420 to be precise)? Does it increase
by 50%?  It is only a marginal increase, or none at all?

I wish I could test it myself, but I haven't bought the hardware yet and
this will help me decide what I am buying.

Regards,

Mike