[asterisk-users] Provisioning GXP 2000

Lutgring, Sam LutgrinS at calhounisd.org
Thu Mar 26 12:45:52 CDT 2009

My preferred method is to use my own TFTP server.  This makes changes to accounts/phones very fast and easy.  The whole process takes me about 5 minutes to deploy an entirely new phone.

1) I modified the Grandstream template to contain my own information.  This is a simple TXT document and can be edited in your favorite editor.  I once counted that I am down to 8 lines in my template that need adjusting for a new user.
2) I open the above mentioned template and change the appropriate lines for the users phone and then save it to a directory utilizing a naming convention of EXTENSION-USERNAME.txt (this allows me ease of changing if ever required).
3) Then I use the Grandstream config generator to compile that into a bin file in the appropriate tftp directory.
4) Then (first time phone is ever used, not required on a redeploy) I log into the web interface on the phone and change 1 line that tells the phone where to find the config file.
5) Reboot the phone and all done.

Hope this helps.