[asterisk-users] Provisioning GXP 2000

Jon Pounder jonp at inline.net
Thu Mar 26 11:00:27 CDT 2009

David Ruggles wrote:
> I've done some googling and searched voip-info but I'm not able to find a
> good answer about how to provision the GXP 2000.
>
> Based on questions I've asked before it seems like a lot of people are using
> the grandstream phones so I figure provisioning can't be that hard. Is
> everyone using the web interface for *every* phone? Or is there a better,
> more automatic, way?

I just use the web interface, and note that it only works when you have
connected networks, either local or on a vpn. There is an endpoint
manager in trixbox that will find devices but only on the local lan
pretty much.

I generally configure the phones how I want at my desk, and then give
them to whoever they are for and they plug them in remotely someplace
and they work as per setup.

My setup is a mix of grandstreams and other zap and sip devices, but I
can imagine doing updates on hundreds of phones would need to be more
automated.

Not sure if this exists or not but since its only form posts to
configure the phone, something that wrote out files, from a database and
used wget or curl to dump them into a phone would be pretty useful, but
only if the phones http is accessible from the server, and only if you
had a lot with similar configurations you could template.