[asterisk-users] Skype TO SIP (Was SIP to Skype)

Michael Robertson michael at michaelrobertson.com
Wed Mar 25 15:50:19 CDT 2009

From: "Guillermo Salas M." <gsalas at manta.telconet.net>
> http://www.gizmo5.com/opensky Free calls are available up to 5
> minutes. If you need longer calls there's a commercial service you can
> purchase.

> Can be used to receive calls from skype?

Yes it can. For example anyone who calls me now on Skype at michaelGizmo5 it
will ring the IP phone connected to our Asterisk system, my SIP software and
my Nokia e71i wifi phone. It is really liberating to have my Skype identity
ring anywhere *I* like!

This is configured at my.gizmo5.com where the user enters in their Skype
credentials. Once they do that they will have the ability to forward their
calls to any SIP address.

This may be impractical for larger network use. For that scenario Gizmo5 is
building an API so that remote networks can easily activate the service
without requiring users to visit the Gizmo5 website. This will be part of
the commercial service for OpenSky. If you would like to test this, please
send me email.

-- MR