[asterisk-users] Ebay's SIP for Skype

Administrator TOOTAI admin at tootai.net
Wed Mar 25 04:15:27 CDT 2009

Michael Robertson a écrit :
>> Anyone connected up to it yet?
>>
>>   http://www.skypeforsip.com/
>>

> This service is vaporware. It's just surveyware at this point with no actual
> service. An alternative is OpenSky which is a launched service which does
> SIP to Skype and Skype to SIP so you can answer and make all your Skype
> calls from any SIP aware device. There's a comparison chart at:
> http://sipforskype.com and you can learn more about the service at:
> http://gizmo5.com/opensky

For us, opensky can be OK for individual users, not for allowing
Asterisk users to call Skype users. Why? Simply that when you buy the 20
USD connection to Skype and don't want your calls to be cutted after 5
mn, you have to use the Gizmo Skype aliases system which is in your
account. Not really helpful if you want to connect transparently your
users to Skype! They better had to say "Ok, this is your prefix (eg
1333xxxxxxxx) to call Skype users through your account, this would allow
us -as Asterisk admin- to format calls from *our* users in the right way.

--
Daniel