[asterisk-users] conference and wifi phones

Jon Pounder jonp at inline.net
Tue Mar 24 22:02:12 CDT 2009

Frank Bulk wrote:
> In a SOHO environment I would agree with you, but not if your coverage area
> needs to be tens of thousands of square feet.  Deploying a complete overlay
> wireless infrastructure doesn't make sense and is another infrastructure to
> manage and maintain.

did you think about your numbers before posting this ? what access point
does not have a 50ft radius ?
100x100 ft is 10000square feet = a single AP for 10's of 1000's of
square feet, hardly a huge undertaking.

Dect is not going to let you roam into another network or hotspot and
still work, nor is it going to support the myriad of other devices that
work on wifi networks.