[asterisk-users] Skype for SIP

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Tue Mar 24 03:37:07 CDT 2009

On 23 Mar 2009, at 19:42, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Anyone connected up to it yet?
>
>   http://www.skypeforsip.com/
>
> It would seem to make Digiums chan_skype rather pointness, or am I
> missing
> something?
>
> Or is this Digiums chan_skype in a hosted box somewhere?
>
> Gordon

There are fewer limitations to SFA than SFS. SFA gets presence and
full user info, plus it can
make calls to Skype users, which SFS cant.

I'm hoping that Digium will extend this difference by adding support
for text and perhaps video...

Here's an example of something SFS can't do:

sfa.westhawk.co.uk/skype/call.xsql?key=echo123

(a quick demo I knocked up.... with the SFA beta)

Tim Panton - Web/VoIP consultant and implementor
www.westhawk.co.uk